To Our Valued Customers:
The COVID-19 national crisis has evolved on a daily basis, with cases nearing 33,200,000 in the United States. As the crisis has escalated, we have continued to update our policies and have taken various measures to keep our providers and the patients we serve safe, with the goal of mitigating the spread of the virus. For example:
- Our providers were encouraged to avoid international travel, to self-isolate, and to avoid large social gatherings weeks before “stay at home” orders were implemented.
- Our providers have been required to regularly assess themselves for symptoms of COVID-19, including temperature checks twice a day, since March.
- Providers who exhibited any symptoms associated with COVID-19 were immediately excluded from in-person wound rounds, pending the absence of symptoms and/or a negative COVID-19 test.
- We distributed N95 respirators and surgical masks to every provider; and are routinely seeking to secure additional PPE.
- We implemented E-Visits and Telehealth options so that our providers can continue to provide wound care where facility restrictions preclude them from in-person wound rounds and/or when they are consulting on a (+)COVID-19 patient.
- And, our providers have complied with each set of restrictions implemented by the facilities they service.
Given the rate at which new positive cases are being reported, we understand that some of our healthcare workers might eventually fall-ill -- despite the various mitigation measures that we have implemented. Please know that any of our providers who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 and/or test (+) COVID-19, will be excluded from in-person wound rounds and will return to work in accordance with CDC guidance. When a provider is excluded from work due to symptoms of COVID-19 or because he/she is confirmed positive, coverage needs will be met by assigning asymptomatic providers and/or by way of virtual health, wherever feasible.
It remains our mission to provide high-quality and consistent wound care consultations, while taking all reasonable steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please feel free to contact us by sending an email to COVID19Info@wounds.us.
Very truly yours,
The Leadership Team
- See, Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 (Interim Guidance) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/return-to-work.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fhealthcare-facilities%2Fhcp-return-work.html